...ThE DaYs oF mY LiFE...

'coz life comprises of days and days consist of activity. And as Leontiev (quoted by Fichtner, 1999) said,"The fundamental 'unit' of life process is the acivity of the organism". So this blog is for personal purpose of reflecting and analyzing myself through the use of my daily activities.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Intention <--> Action missing bridges

On a course I took during my college' life I learned some expert (in psychology I guess) believe that people's behavior are better explained from their intention to do so, and intention is a function of normative belief and ..... (something I forget)

==> Sorry ('coz it seems that I have difficulty accessing to the knowledge trace) to Fishbein & Ajzen (who first talked about it) and 'Mrs. Susi' (the lecturer of my course from which I got the idea to write about this)

Therefore, to predict or even making intervention to change a man's behavior, one need to assess their intention.

Well, I thought for a while their formulation of how to change a man's behavior is something accurate. But now, realizing myself that I have all the intentions needed for my own development but still lacking at steps I take, I see it as an overcalculation of the so called intention.

How do I come up with this?

First of all, I'd like to share that I have target (that is not specific enough) for this year 0f 2k6. Though it's not as specific as it can be, but still I have some goals to be achieved. To put it in a very global level, I would like to be a permanent staff of my office and would like to go on a journey expanding myself at a world class universities (through somekind of scholarships).
And to achieve the goals, I have put my plans into smaller parts that will end (if all goes well) at the goals I mentioned above. I have put those parts into specific actions need to be done soon enough.

The main problem was it has been a month since we all first enter the year of 2006 but I haven't seen any light of hope (that my goals are getting closer to me).True, it is true that I haven't done of give good enough effort to get my dreams realized. I have not followed up the process to talk to the person in charge, still not preparing the documents needed to be assessed,etc.
Why? I have the intention, I have the need, I have it all.

So why is it so? That I have the intention but still lacking of action. There must be somethin' missing here.
Or I got it all wrong (I mean I missed something in the courses). Is this intention only predicting 'predictions'? Or only measures likelihood of possibility?

So what is or what are the missing bridges?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home